SINGAPORE'S 1ST DIGITAL MARKETING HACKATHON :
Launch your digital marketing campaign this weekend!
WHAT IS IT?Markethon 2016 is a 2-day interactive event in which marketers, enthusiasts, entrepreneurs, and executives come together to EXECUTE on growth and marketing challenges.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- Participants will come together in teams of 5 to hack on their chosen marketing challenge.
- Each team will be tagged to 1 startup or SME, and will gain the opportunity to launch a marketing campaign or project over the course of the 2-day blitz event.
- Each team will also have at least 1 member with more than 1 year of marketing experience, and all teams will receive guidance from a panel of mentors and industry experts.
9.30am | Registration of participants & mentors
10.00am | Markethon 2016 rules & key timings
10.30am | Introduce startups/SMEs, their marketing challenge + objectives
11.00am | Participants to form teams of maximum 5
12.00pm | Teams to work on marketing strategy with help of mentors
2.00pm | Let the Markethon begin!
Day 2 - Sunday, 4th December
10.00am | Mentors to check in on team progress
3.00pm | Teams to close campaigns and collate achievements
4.00pm | Judging panel to give feedback to teams
WHO IS THIS EVENT FOR?
This event is designed as a voluntary ground-up project for the local digital marketing community. Participants include;-
- Marketing Enthusiasts: Those with 0-1 year of experience. Likely to be students, fresh grads, career switchers, and people completely new to digital marketing.
- Pro Marketers: Those with more than 1 year of experience. Likely to be individuals who want to experience working on new projects, perhaps in a different vertical / horizontal. Markethon is a great opporunity to network and collaborate with more people.
- Start-Ups: Those who want to stop procrastinating, and get extra help to launch a marketing campaign quickly in one weekend. Especially useful for start-ups that are on the look out for great talent, and who wish to give back to the community.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQs)
Why are you charging for tickets?
Markethon 2016 is a not-for-profit event that's completely volunteer-run. A bunch of restless friends came up with a random idea, saying "Eh quite fun hor if we had a hackathon just for digital marketing." We posted it on Facebook just to see what would happen. The rest is history. In other words, the $ from your tickets go into getting the venue, food, stationery and other logistics.
PRO TIP: If you know of any sponsors that would like to help with defraying costs, please get in touch with us at
What do I need to bring to the event?
Standard hackathon gear, including (and not limited to):
- A good laptop + charger (Please note that for safety reasons, Galaxy Note 7s are to be left outside the hackathon hall, beside the nearest fire extinguisher)
- A sleeping bag (Optional; most of us will be working overnight anyway.)
- A change of clothes (Once again, optional. But highly recommended, for the sake of your fellow participants.)
- A good night's sleep the night before the markethon (We warned you.)
I would like to sponsor a challenge. How may I go about doing so?
Organizers have the right to turn challenges/projects away. If you would like to be considered, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
[ Sat ] - [ Sun ]
9:30 AM - 6:00 PM SGT
- NUS Hangar
I'm a marketing enthusiast. $50.00 I'm a pro marketer. $50.00
- Venue Address
- 21 Heng Mui Keng Terrace, 119613 Singapore
Markethon 2016113 Followers